Fort Ben Branch of The Indianapolis Public Library
The Indianapolis Public Library is the center of knowledge, community life, and innovation for residents of Indianapolis, Lawrence, Beech Grove, and Marion County, Indiana. Operating in 25 locations along with a Bookmobile, the library provides materials, programs, and services in support of lifelong learning for residents of all ages and backgrounds.
The Fort Ben Branch is located at 9330 East 56th Street. The 22,000-square-foot branch is projected to welcome 180,000 – 200,000 patron visits annually, filling a service gap between the Lawrence Branch on the northeast side and the Warren Branch on the far east side.
Some Exciting Features of Ben Fort Building:
- Maximize access to Library services and collections
- Engaging and functional spaces for children, teens and adults
- Access to computers and new technologies
- Group study rooms and tutoring spaces
- Community meeting room with a capacity of 100 patrons
- Energy and resource conservation
- Roof-top solar photovoltaic system